Angkitja- Pronounced Nng-ket-cha - is the Eastern, Central and Western Arrernte word for "keeping information safe for the future".
RRP: AUD$ 26.95 (inc GST)
2017 Angkitja Softcover Diary
- 320 p; Day‐to‐a‐page (except weekends); footer with monthly day/dates
- 26 colour plates of Central Australian art from Desart centres, plus cover
- Front flap with 2017 year-at-a-glance, and 2016-17-18 calendars
- Back flap with directory of artworks, artists and Centres
- Colour regional map of languages, showing origins of each artwork
- Postcards of an emerging Aboriginal artist
- Important dates in the history of Central Australian art and culture
- Dates of arts and music festivals
- Central Arrernte seasonal information
- National and State Holidays and State School Terms
The Future for Aboriginal people in Central Australia is with our young people. By purchasing one of our Angkitja products you will be assisting IAD Press to produce more language resources.
IAD Press aims to produce quality books of cultural integrity that celebrate more than 50,000 years of stories from the heart of Australia.